After a year (or in some cases longer) of staying indoors, this summer and beyond seems to be a time to celebrate fashion and community. Increasingly, people are going out and enjoying summer, including the latest fashion trends. Like most seasons, there are some fashion trends that are taking the world by storm this summer. Below, online fashion retailer Shop Style Shark discusses some of their favorite viral trends.
Take a look at the 8 fashion trends that are going viral in 2021, and don’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
- Headscarves: One of our favorite trends is paying homage to the 1950’s and the likes of Jackie-O and Grace Kelly – the headscarf. Headscarves look great no matter how you style them. Wear them around your entire head for a sleek look, or twist them and use them like a headband. No matter how you style a headscarf, you can instantly turn your look into Hollywood glam.
- Androgyny: Since the 1930’s, fashion has turned their eye toward androgynous design. Now more than ever, these designs are accessible and applauded. From oversized suits to gender-neutral cuts of our staple wardrobe items (i.e. slacks, t-shirts, even accessories), androgynous fashion is hot, hot, hot.
- Bright Checkered Patterns: Bright checkered patterns are a huge trend paying homage to the retro and vintage styles we all love. The bright colors can really add a pop to your outfit, and you can mix and match colors as much as you like. Try bold checkered pants with a solid top, or try a color-blocked checkered dress.
- Large Floral Prints: Retro and vintage aren’t the only trends happening right now. Bright floral prints are also hugely popular. Mod-inspired prints are popping up in skirts, tops, sweaters, jackets, and accessories like never before.
- Neutrals: Neutrals have been on the fashion trend radar for a while, but right now, what is making waves are outfits featuring coordinating neutral pieces. Pair soft neutral tones together for a soft look that is chic and timeless. Choose hues of gray or brown and pair them with pops of color like navy blue or gold.
- Tracksuits and Structured Coats: Tracksuits are a trend that has only gotten trendier due to the pandemic and so many people looking for a combination of comfort and style. Now, the trend is to pair your tracksuit with a structured coat. Think a sleek trench coat or long pea coat. The combination of the casual tracksuit with a sleek coat takes athleisure to the next level.
- Pastels: Not only are coordinating neutrals trending – but so are coordinating pastels. Mix and match pastels of all colors, patterns, and styles. The sky is truly the limit with this trend, as we are seeing some really bold and colorful outfits.
- Pops of Color: Celebrate your favorite colors by adding them into your wardrobe in different ways. Pops of bright, even fluorescent, colors are a major trend right now. Think about adding a lime green jacket to a sleek black trouser. Or, try bold, colorful pants with a more toned-down top.
Are you ready to take your fashion game to the next level? Try any of these 8 trends to step outside your fashion comfort zone. You may just find some new styles, colors, prints, and designs that you love. At the very least, you will have taken a risk and had a little fun with new fashion ideas.